1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like fun to me. Update as you progress. May try
www.yellowbullet.com
for hardcore tough love.
Funny that you should know about Cecil County Dragway.

I have a few friends who live in Maryland who frequently go to that raceway.
One owns a street legal Chevelle which goes 9.5 in the 1/4 mile. He has a big block Chevy with 250hp shot of nitrous. The other one has a Subaru and we have a gentleman's agreement to see which is faster, his Subaru or our Focus.
A Coke is riding on the outcome.
He will be racing his Subaru at Cecil County Dragway, while I will be racing our Focus in California. He lives in Maryland, I live in California.

I don't know exactly what our Falcon will run, but on the computer it should be around 8.8 seconds. The Falcon has Lexan windows, straight axle, interior removed, c6 trans, 9in locker differential, etc. so it will be around 3000 lbs. with me in it and the all aluminum 511ci. engine. Once the engine is installed I will weigh it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a nice quick reference sheet you may find useful, or depressing. LOL Killed my joy.

Faster than 9.99 and most requirements kick in. I don't think you'll see 180 mph. Post some pics of that beast.

NHRA E.T. Quick Reference Chart
Yes, the requirements are tight. Below is a picture of our Falcon with a 428cj engine that was 600hp n.a. and 850hp with nitrous.
Since then we replaced all the glass with Lexan.
With the all aluminum 511ci. the Falcon is 100 lbs. lighter.
The Falcon is 95% legal.

7d4ed7d0-5334-44ff-b68d-a819f927a820_zpsd6kyj0pg.jpg Photo by Maxtor427 | Photobucket

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn thats real sweet! Nice choice in body and motor! Hows it launch? Any bumper damage, lol?

LOL... Forgot to say, but I also put in the Cal-trac suspension. At launch, the whole car lifts straight up. Originally they sent to short of rear shocks, and both rear tires came off the ground by two inches. They then sent the correct, longer rear shocks.
I then ordered the new 511ci engine, so I am waiting on motor plates, and rear springs along with spring mounts, so I have not run it yet with the new setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts