Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I am still building my MK III gear box, am thinking how about modding a used MTX-75 instead of taking my original gearbox apart, I can keep my factory gearbox intact. A used MTX 75 is quite available around.

I am putting a LSD and 4.75 final drive gear into that used MTX-75, here comes the problem:

The most used MTX-75 is from MK II, do these two gearboxes inter-changeable?

Any help?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Hello to all,

I am still building my MK III gear box, am thinking how about modding a used MTX-75 instead of taking my original gearbox apart, I can keep my factory gearbox intact. A used MTX 75 is quite available around.

I am putting a LSD and 4.75 final drive gear into that used MTX-75, here comes the problem:

The most used MTX-75 is from MK II, do these two gearboxes inter-changeable?

Any help?
If I recall correctly it's the same gearbox. Someone who did a manual swap for an MK3 with dct used an older MTX75.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449017

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Any updates on this? Planning on doing this in the next year or so. Would love to have the complete parts list

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
What parts did you need to buy to make the swap work? The original swap thread never posted a parts list

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Most of the pieces needed are pretty obvious, like a shifter & cables along with the pedal assy./master cyl./lines/hoses for the clutch release.

IIRC some of the other details are in the swap thread.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I think it's a driven shaft & diff. gear deal, the ratios desired aren't avail. (few stock choices) so grabbing a tranny that's closest to what you want is easiest.

Most seem to want a lower ratio than was used in any.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts