Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the trunk latch as its not working properly anymore. All the OEM Ford websites ask if the vehicle has anti-theft. It's a 2003 SE Sedan with keyless entry. Does that mean it has anti-theft?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.

I called the Ford dealer and gave him the VIN and he said the part I need has no anti-theft.

That surprises me a little I didn't think the Focus had an anti-theft system on top of the factory keyless remote.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
They ALL have SOME anti-theft (the PATS system), Many (like my '04)have a simple anti-theft that alarms(theoretically) if doors are opened WITHOUT the key or remote...

Kinda a FWIW system, since busting a window for example won't set it off....

Luck!

P.S. - if you have a little red light that flashes on the dash when it's off, you have the stock "basic" anti-theft...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have just read the manual in the first place. The 03's do have an optional perimeter alarm system...which I know my car doesn't have.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
ANYTIME!!!

The only "dumb" question is the one you SHOULD have asked!

Cheers!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking to replace the latch on my wife's car. The latch without anti-theft is no longer available. Does it make a difference if I put the anti-theft latch release into a Focus without anti-theft?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts