Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, let me explain, I can get the 2 front Recaro's, perfect condition & for cheap from a colleague at work. My Fofo has a whole wired-up socket underneath the OEM seats (both sides).
Question:
Is this plug & play for both seats, I mean I don't have heated seats nor electric seat adjusters or airbags but I do have the whole wire system & plug under the seats.
I know that if I want the heated seats I'll have to get the switches from another Fofo with this option and figure out how to wire them.
Will the airbags work or do I leave that better unplugged (saw some unexplained set-off's on this side)

Anyone with info plse chime in, can't find anything in manual or search, & your help is greatly appreciated

Pics:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
BUY THE RECAROS!!! (sorry, was that a little too forceful?). Seriously though, if you can get them for cheap (or at least cheap as far as you're concerned) then do it. They're arguably the best seats made for the Focus and you won't regret it.

As far as hooking them up goes, I installed a set of standard SVT seats in my '00 ZX3 and the installation is pretty much the same. I didn't have airbags, seat heaters, etc., in my ZX3, so the wiring up was pretty simple. First, if you don't have airbags currently in your car, then don't bother trying to hook them up. IIRC, there is a separate airbag module that the side airbags connect to that you won't have. If you wish to use the driver's side height adjust, you will have to wire that up. Personally, the height was fine for me as it was, so I didn't even bother hooking that up. The seat heaters also will have to be wired up, but others here have done it, so if you do a search you can come up with some more info regarding that (the seats I bought didn't have them). The one thing you will have to hook up is the connectors to the inner seat belt latch. You can either splice the seat harness into your existing harness, or you could swap the entire seat belt latch assembly and wiring from your old seat onto the Recaros. There again, if you search, you can find some posts with wiring diagrams for this that will help you out. I hope that helps answer some of your questions. If there's anything more specific you'd like to know, just post up, and I'm sure someone here will have the answer for you.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bet I will get these babies even if the back seats won't match up, who cares. LOL
Looked around in the how to's but can't find any diagram or wiring but I'll figure it out with some help.
One question though, what is meant by connectors of inner seat belt latch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts