Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on lately, i was wonder does ford focus have self test to read code???? I mean other cars have under hood small box where you can connect 2 pins, after that you have to turn ignition on and yellow check engine light blinking and shows you code...
Does focus have something like that????

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'd just goto autozone or advance auto they let you use their code scanners for free

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
There is a method which uses the odometer readout, but it is so unreliable that using it is a waste of time at best, and misleading at worst, sending you down the wrong path.

Get it read with a good code reader to avoid wasting time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd just goto autozone or advance auto they let you use their code scanners for free
except in california because our state is full of stupid tree huging idots who know nothing about cars but think that by setting policy there going to save the world, while driving there POS Prius, stupid SOBs [hatchet]

besides the rant, california law makers said that too many people were just clearing the code and not fixing the problem. how did they know that anyways?

·
Registered
268 Posts
My check engine light came on lately, i was wonder does ford focus have self test to read code???? I mean other cars have under hood small box where you can connect 2 pins, after that you have to turn ignition on and yellow check engine light blinking and shows you code...
Does focus have something like that????
YES. push and hold the reset trip button while putting the ignition to ON and wait a few seconds and start the car. Your gauges must go out of wack for a little and you will notice numbers on the trip meter lcd. Keep pressing the buttons until you see numbers that indicates a code. If you fail, then I suggest going to auto parts store and get it scan.

-Brian

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
YES. push and hold the reset trip button while putting the ignition to ON and wait a few seconds and start the car. Your gauges must go out of wack for a little and you will notice numbers on the trip meter lcd. Keep pressing the buttons until you see numbers that indicates a code. If you fail, then I suggest going to auto parts store and get it scan.

-Brian
good tip. answered the question to the OP. rep for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts