Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always wondered this. If you were doing something to your car and remove the battery cable for a precation, does this clear your ecu? If i have an sct tune on my car does it reset this? thanks guys

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
No you would have to reflash it back to stock form with your tuner

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
No you would have to reflash it back to stock form with your tuner

He's right , stock tune is stored in your flasher . And removing your battery cables for safety precaution's doesn't remove the tune . It will reset everything as far as your air/fuel ratio so when you start it up again and let it do the idle adjustment .

Then take it out for a normal drive so the Ecu can relearn your driving habits again.

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
it takes about 50 miles or so before ecu resets itself so if you have check engine light it will go out but will return

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think people are seeing it differently than what i was asking lol. i just wanted to know if i disconnected my battery for any reason would i have to reload my tune or does it go unaffected.(=

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
No reload w/ disconnected battery!~!~!

i think people are seeing it differently than what i was asking lol. i just wanted to know if i disconnected my battery for any reason would i have to reload my tune or does it go unaffected.(=
^^^ No you would not have to reload your tune! Say if you were changing out your battery or clening the terinal's say. No you would not have to tune again! Just like thou's guy's were trying to say![slap]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts