Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think these are awesome, but I don't know what they are! I see similar wheels, but I can't seem to find these specific ones. Does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Wheels & Tires section for more looks.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Not a focus wheel, I count five lugs. Not sure what they are... Some sort of BBS LM like style

Esm 004 is similar

Team dynamic imola is another one

Both can be had in 4x108

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
cleaned it up and blew it up a little to get a better look at the center caps. im fairly certain its an old bbs wheel design and is 5 lug as was already mentioned. bbs no longer has it listed on their website so it likely is no longer available new. you might have some luck simply searching for "BBS wheels" on google, ebay, amazon, etc. and just looking at the images until you find a match. i looked briefly and didnt come up with anything immediately but if you dive in deeper than i did you might find what you're looking for.

if you are dead set on those wheels and you find a set in a lug pattern that doesnt fit the focus we have a guy here who does custom hub and rotor/drum drilling to make the focus have different lug patterns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
focusmaniaczx3 you are the man! I did find them but unfortunately they don't fit....if I did go with these wheels who is the guy I would talk to?

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
What I can't remember offhand is the hub bore you need. The 5x100's (18x8) in your link showed 56mm & I think that's on the small side for Focus.
63.3mm is our bore size (roughly 2.5") So one that is smaller would need to be machined wider, that isn't always the easiest or possible to do; depends on the wheel and the person doing it. Now going from a large bore, like 73mm or something is easier. You can find a hub centric ring to fill the difference or just mount lug centric.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
focusmaniaczx3 you are the man! I did find them but unfortunately they don't fit....if I did go with these wheels who is the guy I would talk to?
I'd suggest something other than an 18" wheel for our gen Focus, they just look too big imo. If you were able to get hubs/rotors drilled, the wheels you linked would cost you $3200. I havent found any of them used but i have found LM's for less in a 17x8 and a doable offset. No idea if its an offset you can get hubs/rotors drilled for though

These are older posts but you get the idea:
http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50234
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2011258-FS-BBS-LM-17x8-40-SoCal

essentially the same wheel that ESM 004's are trying to emulate...except the BBS are actually 2 piece. The plus for ESM, is you can get them in your bolt pattern

1 - 11 of 11 Posts