Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i couldn't find it in the stickies. is there a reason? it's only (i think)200 bucks. i wouldn't feel bad about beating it up for that price...

what's up with the duraflex material? any comments about it?

and yes, i know it won't look good w/o fmic...

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
i believe thats an Extreme Dimensions piece. According to their website, Duratlex is a mix of fiberglass, plastic and urethane resin or something. Havent seen many people with it, but ive seen the original a few years back and it does look nice.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was wondering if how the duraflex material holds up to abuse like regular fiberglass. does the flex it has help w/ durability? something just screams gimmic here($200).
i wanted to go urathain but i don't want to deal w/ F2, i like the one that FS is going to come out with but who knows when it will show up or what the material will be... and i don't like any of the others that i know about. hey, wait... i'm rambling on here, hahaha.

^^could some please photochop this black. my skills suck lol.

i liked sn4ckm4st3r's paint so much that i'm thinking of doing it too!!! hey, did it ever get color sanded/cleared?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they have this to say about the duralfex:

Extreme Dimensions' new Duraflex premium aerodynamics combine fiberglass, plastic, and flex resins to obtain its unique features. The new Duraflex technology obtains a much higher durability rate than the average fiberglass product, resulting in reduced shipping damages up to 75%. Duraflex products feature a black primer finish, high quality mesh grille, hardware kit, and an installation guide to help you install the product. This revolutionary product allows you to receive a premium fiberglass product at an affordable price. Due to high consumer demand, our entire fiberglass line of 5,000 products have been converted to the new Duraflex technology.

any body know of a good way to tell your wife that you need a new bumper and how how to justify it? ha aha ha
i'm thinking just order and figure out the rest later

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Tell her a safer bumper incase of a front impact haha.

I have not yet had other things that had to be completed before that. But i vote do it i need a partner in crime lol. Other then the other river rat around here.

·
Banned
263 Posts
my car is getting this kit as of today just got done with the paint. the fit is better than most. the material is thicker than most fiber bumpers and flexes a pretty good amount. i would recommend this kit. i deal with lots of high end cars and kits at my shop. i can say its no AC schnitzer kit but the quality is fantastic for the price. here is a pic of it mid mounting.
[cheers]

Reactions: oldpunk78

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Yes, please! More pics!!!

·
Banned
263 Posts
picking it up tomm. afternoon. keep a look out in the showroom forum for pics as soon as i can. it is a 6 layer house of color candy orange. here is a teaser pic of the color.

·
Banned
263 Posts
old bent set on for paint

1 - 20 of 20 Posts