Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen the kit at mcnews and wondered if anyone was using this? Also what options are there for the catalytic converter, do you just get an svt cat as well or do you have to get one made? Does it match up to aftermarket zx3 flexpipe? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Hey Mike SVT, with the off road pipe, could you have a cat mounted so you could pass emissions? I have been looking at the SVT header system and can't find the cat. Is there anyone out there who has links for these parts.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The SVT cat could probally be ordered at the dealer but it will be very expensive. The Offraod pipe is a straight pipe just to replace the cat, but if you live in a state where they just plug into the computer the o2 sensor cheater will trick the computer. My dad recently took his Firehawk in and it passed the computer test with the o2 cheater. As long as they plug into the computer you should be okay.

·
Registered
143 Posts
also you have to remember our cat is under the car stock, isn't the ZX3 right on the front of the engine under the exhaust manifold? I could be wrong on that though.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Your cat anywhere from its stock location will not pass visual inspection.

I am not 100% but I also think the pipe location on the SVT is slightly askew so an SVT system will not bolt onto a ZX3.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah it wont bolt right up. it needs some modification. im not sure if the mcnews kit comes with what it needs to bolt on but im pretty sure it just bolts up to the flex pipe and u cant just thrown in the svt cat too

·
Registered
862 Posts
It does not bolt up o the factory flexpipe. You will need a short straight pipe made or a random tech cat pipe both of these are in the works. We should have complete kits soon to make it a complete bolt on.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
what advantage does the SVT header have over the other aftermarket headers?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah like euro said, its cheap and makes good tourque, i was against them at firt but i may end up w/ one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts