Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SE 5 door and have been thinking about the Ford Racing cat back system. I'm wondering if anyone has the system and if it takes up so much room a trailer hitch would not work. I have a hitch on order for my bike rack ,

Thanks

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
doesn't take up any additional room than the OEM exhaust does. the exhaust tip shouldn't be sticking out nearly far enough to impact anything.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So, what's up with the Ford Racing Cat back? That something that's available at most Ford Dealers? Or is it an online only item at a web site, or whatever? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You can order it through your dealer or buy it online. I can't remember but I believe it's a Borla system just rebranded with the Ford logo.

·
Registered
226 Posts
[cool] This is the first Ford I've ever owned (life long GM guy---[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*ed off about the tax payer rip off bailout at GM), figured stuff like the cat back would be at a dealer but wasn't sure. TY!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for any input the trailer hitch is for a bike carrier I had a feeling it would clear the muffler.

There is one listed on the fordracing website, magnaflow is listing one too. Both are for the 5 door only.

The magnaflow wesite has audio clips it sounds pretty sweet.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
ford racing cat back is to expensive and way to loud

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for the tip about the FR system noise level. I like a gnarlier than stock sound when I put my boot into it, but prefer near stock noise levels when cruising. Nothing worse than obnoxiously loud exhausts; not to mention the unpleasant side effect of having the police jump outta your trunk, and [spank] you for it.

I've got a Saito Racing system on my ZX14 (Kawasaki). I was apprehensive prior to receiving the Saito; due to it's self title as a "racing" system. Turned out to be one of the best performance buys I've ever made. Real good power producer (combined with a Power Commander III piggy backed onto the stock ECU), dropped about 30 lbs of unwanted bike blubber (all Ti system), and best of all............it's real quiet at idle & cruise, and snarls like the beast it is when I jump into the injectors. If I could get that "exhaust profile" with a system for my Focus................that would be the bomb!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im with you on that exhaust note. I have a yosh slip-on on my cbr and still have the insert in the tip of the pipe to keep it at low sound output while around town. When you get on it the bike will sign to life.

Does anyone have this exhaust? is it really loud???

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I heard a clip of the sound of the Ford Racing cat back. sounds very 'ricey' IMO. Raspy ringing sound.
Not cool.
Anyway, if one experimented with the Ford racing leaving the first mufller and the resonator, then just replacing the rear bumper muffler?

The best sound so far is the dual exhaust using a Borla muffler.
Someone should make that a 'readymade' kit with the pipes, tips, clips and all (after rear wheel) a single quality welded unit. SWEET!
BORLA!! are you reading this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Every exhaust clip Ive heard have been too loud or just not the right sound. Ive heard the FSWERKS race exhaust clip and it had a decent sound just a little louder than what I'm looking for. Waiting to hear the FSWERKS stealth exhaust clip and hoping its the sound Ive been waiting to hear.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im really hoping Borla steps up to the plate soon the last thing I want to do is spend over $600.00 for a noisy low quality unit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Every exhaust clip Ive heard have been too loud or just not the right sound. Ive heard the FSWERKS race exhaust clip and it had a decent sound just a little louder than what I'm looking for. Waiting to hear the FSWERKS stealth exhaust clip and hoping its the sound Ive been waiting to hear.
this ^

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yea, I read the dual exhaust thread too. Looks great, and I imagine sounds it too, without being obnoxious. All ready looked up the Borla muffler online, and have been scoping out tips to go with it. This will likely be my first exhaust mod. Maybe a full cat back later.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
I have the dual exhaust but its a 2.5 from the cat back with borla mid muffler and borla rear dual exit muffler. Will post videos and pictures 2moro.

Total with fab was 640 which is cheaper then a ford racing exhaust not installed. Its quieter and much deeper plus its a true 2.5 inch exhaust all the way back to the 3.5 inch dual rear exit tips.

Had the ford racing on the car for the first 100 miles and then I sold it. Way to damn loud it removes all the mufflers but one which is outrageous and that price for some piping and one muffler wtf was FR thinking?

·
Registered
444 Posts
that sounds pretty decent, not that ricey which is what i didn't like about all the other clips i heard except one, which i can't remember what it was.

640 American is pretty good, issue with being in Canada it will be much much more.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
True well hopefully I can speak with some connects and see if borla has any plans for a decent system for our cars. I hope I can convince em to do a dual version for their premium system.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts