Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to do a swap to SVT headers and the flex pipe w/ the car and I’m hoping someone already has a kit done that I can buy off them? I plan on buying a FSWERKS race/stealth exhaust idk which yet, but to go with said SVT headers, would they fit if I do the conversion?

·
Registered
351 Posts
You are on the right track. The SVT header or OBX header, same thing, off road pipe and an FSWerks exhaust system is a very nice setup. Will be loud without the stealth muffler if you go that route. It will fit your car as you have a Zetec 2.0.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are on the right track. The SVT header or OBX header, same thing, off road pipe and an FSWerks exhaust system is a very nice setup. Will be loud without the stealth muffler if you go that route. It will fit your car as you have a Zetec 2.0.
So I’m buying a header tomorrow, what type of flex pipe should I be looking for? I can’t tell what an off road pipe should look like

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
What’s the difference between an F and regular model? I live in the States btw
SVTF = SVT Focus

So I’m buying a header tomorrow, what type of flex pipe should I be looking for? I can’t tell what an off road pipe should look like
You'll need an SVT-specific flexpipe:

An off-road pipe is just a pipe without a cat, hence the name for "off road" use only.

How are you addressing the other areas needed for the swap? EGR, dipstick tube, power steering high pressure line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SVTF = SVT Focus

You'll need an SVT-specific flexpipe:

An off-road pipe is just a pipe without a cat, hence the name for "off road" use only.

How are you addressing the other areas needed for the swap? EGR, dipstick tube, power steering high pressure line.
I’m searching for all that stuff, someone near me has a header on hand, is the trubendz company a legitimate company to buy from?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
What exhaust should I go with if I use the catted SVT flex pipe? Stealth might be too quiet and Race might be too loud
I like the Stealth a lot. I've heard it with the stock cat and no cat. With the stock cat, it's a little on the quiet side, but great tone. The Race is a bit much in my opinion. I feel almost objective though in saying the Race system without a cat is awful.

One point of clarification too, the flex and cat are 2 separate pipes. You need 2 pipes (a cat or ORP, and a flex pipe) to connect the header to the exhaust system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts