Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anything in this forumn about autocrossing but I have seen a lot about drag racing. Does anyone autocross?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i've autoXed twice

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How'd you do? did you have fun? Are you going to continue autoxing? What other cars were in your class?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
infact sunday i'm going to one. It ownz the drag strip it's so much fun. The Focus holds up very well. Other cars were Integra, celica, RSX, GTi, M3, Mustang, TDi Bug (my dad) and some other w/e stuff. I race in a miata club autox so what ever is not a miata is in the X class

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's cool. I have been to an autoxing event and I was very impressed with the miatas. Those things own the track! I wasn't very impressed with the corvettes, the Zo6s were extremely fast but screeched through the whole track. I saw a beetle 2.0 there and it did well. Those things stick to the road with little mods. Is your dad's diesel modded?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
chipped 25hp to the wheels along with better gas milage he also has a new MAF

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
gets aound 50mpg it's a neat thing.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome. The chips for those things are great. I wish chips worked on gasoline engines like they do diesels. How do you compare with your dad when autoxing?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
he ownz me hardcore like always half a second or more ahead and i don't suck i do pretty well. Ya $300 for 25hp like really 25hp. Also bigger injectors would make it fly just he doesn't want to coulse his car would give off as much ssmoke as a big truck would lol.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
the M3 happens to be in my car crew. Ya it did like 3 over all counting the miatas lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
AutoX gives the focus a chance to shine, I mean there is only so much fun you can have at the drag strip, I mean 1/4 times can only get so low before major money and tuning is put in, but autocross is all driver and speed isn't everything

·
Registered
671 Posts
This was my first season racing and the Focus did great!! I beat my buddy in his 2003 Civic and a few other cars. There is this Mazda protoge that I cannot beat. He has good tires and I just ran my staok ones. They about boiled over on my last run!!! I need to get some tires before spring season. BTW I ran in the stock class

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
autoX > drag it's so much fun it made me give up on the "go fast mods" now i'm getting new springs, dampers, tires, and wheels all just for autox screw the header and highflow cat :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
No it was just a normal Protoge. He had been racing a lot long than me. He has a Cat-back also which is allowed in H-Stock. and you can put on a K&N filter and thats all the mods you can do besides tires.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts