Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to take advantage of a service opening and get a replacement clutch sooner then anticipated. The clutch assembly installed is F1FZ 7B546 B according to the invoice. Service reprogrammed PCM/TCM cleared CMDTCS. Performed adaptive relearn. This is a reengineered clutch according to the service advisor and I should be happy with it. However he did add I still could have occasional shudder because it is a "manual" ????

Driving the car afterwards it seems fine. It seems to more eagerly accelerate so I can tell the programing is different. This is my third replacement. Each previous time the car drove great for a few months then the problems started again. I am not filled with confidence in this third clutch.

I read about a class action lawsuit in California where they said the problem is the clutch is not vented and it gets too hot. Don't know if that is the real reason behind the problems. I have observed the symptoms get worse when the transmission is hot. The service advisor said he did not know why that would be. I heard nothing about this new clutch being vented. The advisor said people have less problems if they accelerate quickly from a stop. I am trying really hard not to creep.

Does anyone have information about clutch F1FZ 7B546 B? Is this what is in the 2016 Focus?
Do any 2016 Focus owners experienced jerk/shudder regularly upon acceleration? I can understand an occasional jerk for some random reason which the service advisor was trying to warn me about. But if this new clutch starts having regular problems there is something still wrong with this clutch. I looking for any cloths (information) to help me clean my crystal ball for looking into the future of this car.

w/ my magic bag
Very well could be a upgraded for '16 from the original one & past ones you had,,,,,,best of luck thou.

Old Phart
Moved to the MkIII Problems section, where you can find a thread already started on that new replacement clutch paclk.

Yes, it's an automated manual - much info. in the forum on that. Lots in this section and a bit in the MkIII section on general info..

BTW - it has a pack of TWO clutches, one for 1,3,5 and the other for 2,4,6.

Registered
Driving it like you stole it is surely the way to avoid clutch problems, but not realistic for everyone to do.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Registered
New Clutch Design

I was able to take advantage of a service opening and get a replacement clutch sooner then anticipated. The clutch assembly installed is F1FZ 7B546 B according to the invoice. Service reprogrammed PCM/TCM cleared CMDTCS. Performed adaptive relearn. This is a reengineered clutch according to the service advisor and I should be happy with it. However he did add I still could have occasional shudder because it is a "manual" ????

Driving the car afterwards it seems fine. It seems to more eagerly accelerate so I can tell the programing is different. This is my third replacement. Each previous time the car drove great for a few months then the problems started again. I am not filled with confidence in this third clutch.

I read about a class action lawsuit in California where they said the problem is the clutch is not vented and it gets too hot. Don't know if that is the real reason behind the problems. I have observed the symptoms get worse when the transmission is hot. The service advisor said he did not know why that would be. I heard nothing about this new clutch being vented. The advisor said people have less problems if they accelerate quickly from a stop. I am trying really hard not to creep.

Does anyone have information about clutch F1FZ 7B546 B? Is this what is in the 2016 Focus?
Do any 2016 Focus owners experienced jerk/shudder regularly upon acceleration? I can understand an occasional jerk for some random reason which the service advisor was trying to warn me about. But if this new clutch starts having regular problems there is something still wrong with this clutch. I looking for any cloths (information) to help me clean my crystal ball for looking into the future of this car.
This is the same clutch that is installed in the 2016 Focus. It reportedly has been redesigned for "better performance across temperature ranges" per Ford's internal sales documentation.

While there have been a few reports of 2016 Focus owners having clutch shudder problems, the rentals I have driven with mileage in the high teens have performed well. (albeit a small sample size, 4 vehicles)

Registered
This is the same clutch that is installed in the 2016 Focus. It reportedly has been redesigned for "better performance across temperature ranges" per Ford's internal sales documentation.

While there have been a few reports of 2016 Focus owners having clutch shudder problems, the rentals I have driven with mileage in the high teens have performed well. (albeit a small sample size, 4 vehicles)
From the info I'velearned,They started installing the newest clutches somewhere in late November for the 2016's. unfortunately for me mine was built in early October, I've got 19k miles and I'm getting a little shudder, most annoying is the "bag of rocks" between 1st and 2nd.

Registered
My car ran flawlessly until the TCM went out. they replaced that then informed me it now has a shudder ad chatter and I need new seals and Clutch.

Registered
My car ran flawlessly until the TCM went out. they replaced that then informed me it now has a shudder ad chatter and I need new seals and Clutch.
youre not alone, but what are you going to accomplish just posting this everywhere? take a few minutes and read the stickies... these problems have been around for 5 years

Registered
youre not alone, but what are you going to accomplish just posting this everywhere? take a few minutes and read the stickies... these problems have been around for 5 years
yeah sorry about that... was mainly trying to get up to 15 posts so I could respond to a pm.

Registered
Does anyone have information about clutch F1FZ 7B546 B? Is this what is in the 2016 Focus? Do any 2016 Focus owners experienced jerk/shudder regularly upon acceleration?
Just got my car back today to fix missing 1st/3rd/5th issue. See details here (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/11336103-post128.html).

Clutch part# is same as yours. So far clutch engages on starts and shifts are smooth like the '17 loaner. Will report back if I experience jerk/shudder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts