Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't need AC this summer since it wasn't as hot as last year (it doesn't work anyway, needs a re-fill) but when I would use the regular blower I would mostly just get warm air. I know I can't expect super cold air to blow but at the same time, my girlfriend's 1990 Honda Accord blows out colder air than my 01 ZX3.

Even with the fan set on '0', I could still feel some warm air being pushed through on the warmer days. My engine doesn't overheat; the temp needle always finds itself in the same place. Is it just a question of the way the vents are built? Or is it because the engine is old(er) and is just heating up more?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
no, and it sounds like ur having a problem overall. in the newer systsems (not sure on urs tho), they are closed systems. they should never need a refill. so if u need one, it means u have a leak, which could mean a bad compressor. that would also explain your heated air.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Try pressing the "circulation " button and it'll close the vents allowing warm air to not enter from outside. The button should be located next to the "AC" button and looks like a picture of a car with a circular arrow around it.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I was thinking more of a blend door problem ... ? Not sure what it's called in the Focus though.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I tried the 'circulation' button. Didn't do much except make the fan sound like it was working harder. It's not the end of the world really, I should maybe figure out where it grabs the air from when the vents are open.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
My girlfriends 06 grand prix does the same exact thing..

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
when you just tun on the fan, and try to get cold air, all the car is doing is pulling the air from the outside so its not going to be cold, the only time your ac compressor is going to turn on is if you turn it on.

sounds like your ac system itself has a leak, but as far as the warm air its normal, its just the air from the outside that is accelerated by the fan in the system

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the AC is buggered up but I'll take care of that later in the year.

I'll try the vents tomorrow morning on my way to work. It'll be cooler out.

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
i remember reading here that having the recirc button pushed when the ac isnt on can cause mold in the system, is this true?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
no, i highly doubt that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts