Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have chrome rims (first set) do you wax them to protect and keep nice or what should I use.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I use wax, Meguires Quick wax.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
^^that's what i use too. i let the wax sit on them for a little while before taking it off. probably do it about 4 times a year, i think it keeps the wheel looking a lot cleaner a lot longer.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I put two coats of Meguiar's NXT tech wax on my clear coated wheels. the spray way concerns me on the front rotors so I apply the liquid wax with a applicator pad

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks I just don't want them screwed up

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I use turtle wax platinum paste everynow and then, keep em looking great.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^when i do a good clena on my car, like interior etc...ill pull off my wheels, wash them then wax the entire wheel good

but dang dirt makes em dirty fast [:(]

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate dirty dirt too

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
didn't know they made chrome polish

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Usually when I get the 'clean bug' in me I take off the wheels and really scrub them
down. Other than that I dont wax my wheels.

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I had chrome wheels on my truck, I used Mother's Chrome Polish, then buff, then wax with Meguiars Gold Class once or twice over, and buff them out again. I also used the Mother's Power Ball from time to time. Always polish, then seal... it's like a car, you wouldn't wax over improperly cleaned/prepped paint... that would only seal in unwanted contaminants.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wax my wheels often. Keeps them looking good, easier to clean, and helps protect them.

·
Registered
800 Posts
windex will make them shin brighter than they did the day u got them use windex, they will shine so hard lol

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks I used the chrome polish after washing them really good looks sweet. I have to over wash my car as I live on gravel roads and don't want that gravel dust sitting on the rims for any amount of time so I wash my ca at least once a day

1 - 18 of 18 Posts