Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Do you try to have contact with other SVT owners?

• I wave at SVTs! I don't get any responses though. : (

Votes: 35 40.7%
  • I wave and do get responses : )

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I do not wave, that is downright creepy.

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • I do not wave but people have at me, they must be crazy.

Votes: 1 1.2%
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you try to get other SVTs attention,and do you get a response back?

For example, I have seen probably 5 SVTs driving in close proximity to me and have tried to wave or just say "Hi" but am ignored, even one I saw at a gas station across from when I was filling up. The only people that have actually acknowledged the car has been on reg ZX3 and a nice EG hatch. Not saying I demand attention but I thought this was a tight knit community[cheers] .

Post your stories up!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I wave too! I just get a smile or so but sometimes ppl wave back.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I wave and most of the time I get a wave back.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wave, but no waves back to date.... Did have a pretty good conversation with a guy in an SVT Contour at a stop light though [:)] Those things are fast....

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Yea I always get a good response! there's an older dude w/ black SVTzx5 who owns the local travellodge and always nods[wave] Another EAP comp orange always chucks the deuce, and a chick wit a red svt lives next to my apartments. Recently though I met a dude with a nice svt jrsc, body kit & everything; we stopped each other downtown and talked a while I still want that ride [cheers] one thing i have noticed though is the ST's don't acknowledge as much but for some reason i've seen a lot more chicks in those round town[dunno] thers also a new 09 with dark argent svt 17's which looks pretty damn good...

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
I flash my fog lights at SVTs or modded foci, usually to no avail. There was one time I was going over a bridge and I happened to look to my right. There was a guy in a red SVT practically hanging out his window waving at me. I waved back lol

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Lol, around my area i know of a few svt's...some i know the owners personally so i always wave. Others i kinda stare them down and see if they knod or wave back. Sometiems they do...other times they just stare right back lol I guess that counts right?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have never seen one on the road to wave at, got a wave from a zx3 owner when I drove past him while he was at a wendys drive through. Got a stare down from another modified Zx3 while he was turning at a light, lol guy looked like he crapped his pants when he finally noticed me...

·
Registered
347 Posts
i wave to all the SVTF's i see on the road, but haven't received any waves in return. i do see a lot of old people in SVTF's around my area, so maybe thats why they don't wave. whatever, ill just keep waving. [wave]

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
I've had the SVTF for almost two years now and have NEVER been acknowledged by another SVTF driver - in spite of my always flashing hello (never thought to wave, though...).

Most of the time, however, they don't seem to even notice me - dunno if they even realize how special their car is (for example, I complemented a group of people as they got into their Sonic Blue ZX5 in front of a coffee shop last fall, and they responded as if I were psycho SVT-stalker dude).

Whatever. I've definitely gotten plenty of positive comments from drivers of other models of car...

·
Registered
347 Posts
i had this guy in a chevy blazer pull up next to me, he had me roll down my window, he asked me what year my car was, i said 02, hes like, "i have the same one, sonic blue SVTF, its in my garage, i love it and its the greatest car ive owned in years", so i replied, they why are you driving a blazer, he simply said. i cant fit my wife and kids in the svt, nor do i want shit all over my seats.

then i had a WRX STI, pull up next to me, i heard his turbo so i yelled hey nice ride, he yelled back, yours to, i have a buddy with one and he loves it, i yelled, ill race you, but you have that turbo advantage, he laughed and i yelled again, but wait till im boosted, ill take you any day. he got all sweet and dropped a gear and boosted next to me so i did the same thing minus the kick in the pants from a turbo or supercharger, and seeing as my lane of traffic was open, i just mozied on down the road and he was stuck behind a bus.

i love how people notice my SVT and say things about it, it makes it that much more fun to drive around town.

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
there is only one guy who knows about SVT .. he has a black svt who always flashes me whenever i see him

·
Registered
24 Posts
I merged onto the Lodge freeway right behind a SVTF 5 door and followed him for a bit, until I pulled into the center lane next to him, and we both gave the "Good form" head nod. Amazing how a subtle body cue can convey so much when there is the SVTF common bond.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I dont wave unless waved at. And that hasnt happened. lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got a friendly thumb from a pitch black 3-door last week... only about 7-8 svtf's in alaska that i know of, most of whom are on here. Always nice to find one of the other half dozen people on the road who understand what it's like to drive :-D

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
normally get no response...woodward dream cruise i got ALL responses though and normally i give the head nod or full out wave

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i way or give the nod sometimes but only a few respond back. some look at me like im crazy. the svt lightnings around here dont even acknowledge me, its like im driving a honda crx or something. maybe its cus im debadged that they cant tell what my car is

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was just out going for a spin with my wife and she noticed someone at a gas station across the street stick their head up and look in our direction; who happened to have a red SVTF. Pretty soon we are at a stoplight and see the our brethern next to us. As I pull away I gave a quick thumbs up[wave] and nod and recieved nod in return. Not very often I see other SVT's in Anchorage, but good to know there are enthused owners out there and I must add he took care of his ride.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts