Votes: 1,673 81.7%
  • No (Not Worth it).....

Votes: 374 18.3%

• Total voters
761 - 768 of 768 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
It depends on what you mean by “worth it”. If you’re a bean counter and you’re looking for return on investment, no. If it’s your hobby, and it makes you smile, then hell yeah it’s worth it.

I have a hobby car I spent a great deal on. I have no intention of selling it. It’s just for my own enjoyment. I could spend my money golfing, but I don’t. I could own a boat, but I don’t. We all make our choices.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So what do you think? Personally unless you spend $15,000 on the car, go insane with performance I feel it's not worth it. Sure you get the 'fun' from it for a while but it does fade out and in the end, your getting 'pennies' for what you actually spent on the car. Not to mention all the problems that come up (example FI applications) among other things including legality issues, tickets, BS like that....

So my question is, in your opinion do you feel 'car modding' is a good thing (worth it) or a bad thing (not worth it)?
exactly why i like mod'ing my focus. Its cheap, most of the mods i've done so far were (incrementally) cheap, and i'm happy with the results.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's always worth it to upgrade brakes, tires, and suspension. It makes the car safer and more fun. I don't know about dropping a lot of money into engine mods on a focus, and I really don't want a loud intake and exhaust on a daily driver. I'm pretty happy with my Focus, and I'm really happy I waited for a 5 Speed.

761 - 768 of 768 Posts