Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this car and it was a 3 door in CD Silver with blue interior. HID and no sunroof. I'm just curious what Ford did with the car after I turned it in for being a lemon. I used the Dispute Settlement Board.

I was always curious if someone else purchased the car or if they just went through it to check why I had so many problems.

I turned the car in a little over a year and a half ago.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
I sure hope not no body else bought that lemon. out of 14,003 SVT's built... pretty good for being just 1 lemon [:)~]...

i wonder how many are left on the roads, after counting out all the totaled and salvaged ones along with the lemons too. would make them more rare not to mention the parts for them as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
well i know there is -1 bc i just took the motor out of it last week and it went to the crusher

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't wish my old car on anyone.
The clutch took a dive at 1800 miles.
I had all the issues with high idle, battery light, etc.
The front ABS sensors were bad. One was shorted out and the other went bad.
I had wheels that bend at the slightest pothole.
The exhaust shield drove me and the dealership nuts so they double bead welded the thing. It was probably the best fix since I was on my second one already.
I brought the car in for the bearing noise, but the SVT tech told me it was the rotor. I just laughed it off and started the paperwork after that.

I honestly can't even remember all the other problems I had with the car. I have all the paperwork here and the original window sticker. It was the first new car I every purchased.

My SVT was at the dealership 29 days in the year I owned it. Many of the problems were later released in TSB's and everyone knew about them. It drove me nuts and killed my vacation time at work so I wrote to the dispute settlement board for the buyback.

I miss that car more than the 380rwhp 96 T-bird I built that had everything modified. The SVT had everything I wanted in a car and the price was right at the time.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Sounds like a normal SVTF to me.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
This kinda makes me glad i didn't get one. but yet I still love them and want one even though there are better car out there like it.

logan

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Mine spent double that amount of time in the dealership during my first year of ownership. I should have written but I love it too mcuh anyways. It's like that hot girlfriend that always acts up. You hate them, but when they're good, nothing else is better

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
2004SVTAutoXer said:
Mine spent double that amount of time in the dealership during my first year of ownership. I should have written but I love it too mcuh anyways. It's like that hot girlfriend that always acts up. You hate them, but when they're good, nothing else is better
that sir just made my signature lmao....I love it...
yah hopefully they didn't resell the car!! remind me never to look at a silver svtf ;)

·
I'M BACK!!!!
1,825 Posts
just got mine back today after its 15 week in the shop since ive owned it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts