Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a turbo SVTF out of Florida. It has a built motor, clutch, diff, and a bunch of bolt on goodies. Also has the safeguard vampire ignition controller, Bosch 60lb injectors, and diablosport mafia. Has a Garrett t25 turbo on it. I was told it's very possible you might have tuned it. Car didn't come with a handheld tuner. Just trying to figure out if you might know anything about the build. Car was in Florida it's whole life with the exception of a couple years in New Jersey before coming back down to Florida. It's a black zx3 svt with red interior. I don't see an option here for adding pics otherwise I would add some. The person I bought the car from didn't know anything about it, he didn't build it.

·
FF Affiliate
30,691 Posts
I do so many with out a Name I wouldnt know , good looking SVT

I would do a new Tune on it and loose the J&S Safeguard there not needed

Let me know if I can help

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I appreciate it. The car runs pretty good. My wideband should come in next week. I suspect it's running rich. Is there a tuner you recommend? What are my options since the car already has a tune but I don't have the original tuner or know what brand tuner was used. Does that even matter? I have used sct x4 on all my other vehicles.

·
FF Affiliate
30,691 Posts
SCT has stopped supporting the SVT Focus so the only ones that will work is pre 2019 X4 that have not been updated

I sell the used X3 that have been checked by SCT and I offer a 1 year warranty , Full Custom Tune , Free unlimited Tune updates as you add more NA mods , Datalogging and US shipped for 480.00

You would need a Boost Tune which I can do the Boost Tune is 565.00

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What mass air meter do you recommend as your preferred one to tune on a turbo car? I will most likely have you tune the car and I would rather not buy the part twice. I have seen stuff about using the 6.0 diesel maf? Stock sensor in a 3" housing, or stock sensor and housing and use the mafia? My car currently has a what looks like a 03' mustang v6 sensor in what I think is a stock housing. Also, how much is the tune if I already have a x3?

·
FF Affiliate
30,691 Posts
I have found that a 3 inch MAF housing , stock Focus MAF and the MAFia works best

I charge 565.00 for the full Custom Boost Tune with unlimited lifetime Tune updates as you add any future mods

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I thought the $565 was with the tuner included. I will probably just buy the pro tuner software package then. My current tune isn't that bad, just goes rich on the top end. I think the cams aren't installed right. I need to get a new timing belt installed before I do anything else. I just can't afford to spend close to $1000 just to tune out a rich top end, that's almost half of what I paid for the car. Thanks for your time, -Chris

·
FF Affiliate
30,691 Posts
More then likely you have more issues then just top end fueling that your just not seeing , Yes you have the option to do the PRP for your Tuning but 90% of the people that do find out it isnt as easy as they thought on the SVT Focus

Let me know if I can help

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts