Votes: 24 12.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I mean is do many of you skip from like 3rd to 5th or like 4th to 6th. I do it all the time to promote better gas mileage when I can spare not having to excelarate much. Also I'm just lazy sometimes lol.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I always shift from 4th to 6th -- usually getting up to cruising speed on the freeway.

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
I always skip from 3rd to 5th when getting onto the interstate...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I usually skip 3rd. 2nd - 4th is a common shift when I drive.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
First to Sixth

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
1st to 6th? What are you driving, a Corvette with skip-shift?? [joke]

I don't usually skip any gears myself. More work but more fun IMO.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
^^ same here i don't hardly ever skip gears. i love going through all of them

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
They are so damn close.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i've gone 1-4, 1-5, and 1-6 on some occasions [:D] but i do sometimes skip 3rd 4th or 5th. but mostly i just like going through all the gears even on a 35mph road and shifting at 2800-3000rpms[:D]

as i made it a habbit to downshift more instead of braking or doing both at the same time

·
Registered
351 Posts
I only do occasionaly. Either getting on the freeway, (i'm normally hammering it on the on ramp so 4-6 or 3-6 is all i need), And in the city, the 2-4 shift happens once in awhile.

^^^Orange, how do you downshift. Do you revmatch everytime? Or do you pop it in gear and let the engine rev high with a moderate jolt?

Sorry to hijack.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I almost always skip 5th. The gears are so long you could skip every other gear and still have a very driveable car. It's awesome.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i prolly downshift worng. i match rev most of the time ( well here recently.) and im trying to stick to that. but when its rapid downshifting, i forget it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I usually drop to 6th from 3rd or 4th if I'm in the hood since it doesn't take much to get to 30 or 40.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I love rowing through the gears so I never skip, but I used to skip on my Mom's 5-Speed Passat all the time.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.