Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new to the fourms i just got a 06 zx3 i hear there is a fs turbo in the works do u guys think a supercharger is or will be in the works anytime soon? i prefer superchargers over turbos but thats just me!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Nope, due to packaging I doubt there will ever be a supercharger for the duratec. Powerworks pretty much scrapped any plans of producing theirs.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i have to contact jackson racing,powerworks,and procharger and so far they have not got back with me on it yet they dont seem very interested in the duratecs right now send them an email like i did so that they know there are more focus owners that dont want turbos and want thier products instead the more messages the better but the only one i know thats working on it are the people at F2focus.com i talked to the president and he said that he is working on both so drop him a line too! and pray that one of these companies comes out with one

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do u think the duratec engine is strong enough for a turbo i was told by alot of ppl that focus engine doesnt do well with turbo is this true?

·
Registered
373 Posts
You don't NEED to replace anything, considering both F2 and FS both used stock internals to get their kits up and running. And F2 has 8k miles on thier Turbo mule with out any problems.

If anything that would need to be upgraded it would be the clutch to handle the extra torque.

And beside a turbo is more efficient than a supercharger and making more power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts