·
Registered
305 Posts
from everything ive read...no
you could find a better way to spend that $$$

·
Registered
815 Posts
No, if it does increase performance its not even going to be measurable. Save money and spend it on a nice CAI.

·
Registered
305 Posts
ebay turbos usually dont have a happy ending.
and for that price(~$227 USD) i would suggest you stay away from it.

post what you have done to your car and im sure others wil chime in to offer suggestions.
and help get you on the right track.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
a general rule of thumb when it comes to turbo is that you get what you pay for. that turbo is junk. a 2 inch outlet? i mean really? and also it says it can handle applications of up to 250 hp and can handle up to 25 psi. sorry but with a comp turbo at probably 12-15psi you will make 250hp on a stock motor. at 25 psi you should be making 400 or more with a built motor of course. stock motor would go POP with that much boost

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i dont know why everyone is talking about turbos but what this does is kinda like those tornado things. ever heard of it? its a little round peice that you put into your intake tube and its supposed to spin the air that is coming into the engine so you will have a better mixture of air/fuel. i dont know about the TB spacers but the "tornado" has proof that they will give you 1-2 mpg=more efficient=a little more hp... maybe

EDIT: i didnt see the turbo link EBAY TURBOS ARE SHITE!!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
This whole thread is full of fail, Tornado, c'mon. may as well advise on using magnets on the fuel line and water4gas.

Not going to say this pertains to the UK spec cars but is far better reading that shopping on ebay for performance. ---> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174742

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
In order to Turbo you need a lot more then just a simple turbo. You will have to have pipping, intake mani, tune, injectors, etc, etc, etc, etc..... and I agree this thread is full of fail.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
The A/F ratio is controlled by the computer. on a carbiurated car, this can work a little as it helps the carbs w/ an even mixture, however, the maf and injectors control the A/F ratio along w/ o2 sensors etc. those gimmicks do not work in any way shape or form on a focus or any fuel injected car for that matter. I feel bad for anyone who got scammed by those guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok. . cheers for everyones advice. i dont have much tuning knowledge so i am trying to find out the basics first. dont worry i wont be buying any e-bay turbos in a rush haha. cheers everyone for ur advice. if i explain what im trying to do maybe someone could give me some good advice?? i have a 1600 se which is standard at the moment but i want to get it up to about 180-200bhp (unfortunitly changing engine is not an option because of cost) so if its possible what materials would i need to source 4 this? thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya they do work, just not on our throttle bodies... these work great on carbs.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I would say it may be more conducive to ask your question:

i have a 1600 se which is standard at the moment but i want to get it up to about 180-200bhp (unfortunitly changing engine is not an option because of cost) so if its possible what materials would i need to source 4 this? thanks everyone.
In a separate thread, because it would seem this one has been answered and you understand that a product such as a TB spacer is not going to help you to make your power goal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.