Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well sence my car had no windsheild for a few months i always kept the cover over my car, well just my luck 3 days before the new windsheild went in the rain crept up on me and rained in my car, and sence i had no dash in either at the time just the gauges they also got wet....now i start the car and i have the usual start up lights like airbag and battery ect but none of the needles move and lcd stays off. my gauges are toast im guessing? will the car still operate fine without?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
car will run fine without it... the cars computer will log a fault with the cluster and try to illuminate the check engine but its still good to go

remove the cluster and remove the screws that hold the rear of the plastic on and see if theres still water on the board or rust.. if theres water but no rust take a hairdrier to it on med heat and dry it asap if theres rust forming, the cluster is a writeoff...

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you have some rust on the board you could try using Corrsion X on it. This stuff is electrically neutral, displaces water and should help with the corrsion. It is also "plastic compatible" so it will not eat the plastic as it cleans. You can find it on the web. And at some electrical supply houses...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts