Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if SVT's come with turbos, if so with what motor? I have an LX Focus 2.0 SOHC and I was entertaining the thought of getting a used turbo (if SVT's came with them) and installing them on my Focus. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
no svt didnt come factory with turbo or supercharger! you would have to go the aftermarket way and tom does a nice kit!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I would recommend a Zetec or SVT swap because they naturally breathe better just being a DOHC, and the SVT has VCT on the intake side (it is intake isn't it?) and because they have turbo kits and forged internals more readily available whereas the SPI just doesn't have support that much in that aspect. Not saying you couldn't see respectable numbers, just that it requires more work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would recommend a Zetec or SVT swap because they naturally breathe better just being a DOHC, and the SVT has VCT on the intake side (it is intake isn't it?) and because they have turbo kits and forged internals more readily available whereas the SPI just doesn't have support that much in that aspect. Not saying you couldn't see respectable numbers, just that it requires more work.
forgive my ignorance, but a person couldn't just throw on a DOHC head onto a SOHC 2.0 liter?

·
Registered
179 Posts
with it being a totally different engine i dont think it would work being a sohc goin to a dohc without tons of machining being done! depending on how the head bolts line up and even if a dohc timing belt would work! ive seen some svo mustang guys put a dohc volvo head on there sohc motors but head bolts lined up and volvo timing belt worked! all in all i wouldnt even put the money into a spi motor just get ya a zetec or svt motor like mikebontoft said!!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
just throw it on? nah.

I know someone built an engine that used a combo of the two.... not sure if it was the Zetec bottom end with the SPI (CVH) head or if it was indeed the opposite. I thought of it at one time but if I remember correctly it was a lot of work for really nothing.

You could look it up yourself though..... I believe they called it a ZVH engine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright....I'll prolly just suck it up and deal with my 90 HP (or whatever it has).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so, how about this....since I have manual windows, manual door locks.....is the wiring harness the same for my car as the SE cars? also wondering if I could acquire power window and door lock parts and put power windows/power door locks in my base model without changing the harness? I know with Lexus (where I was just let go from) some of the connectors would just be taped to the harness if that particular vehicle didn't have as many power options as other modes would. I'm definitely swapping out the center console because the console in the automatic models has an arm rest and I definitely need an armrest. I was just at Pick and Pull and found an automatic Focus that I bought the rear bumper skin and L/R taillight off of. I'll go back tomorrow for the console.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
you dont know how many times ive been at the gas station and some honda boy rolls up and says "hey is that the turbo one?" LOL

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Your best bet is to pick up an entire donor car with all the parts you want.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
google knows all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts