Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SVTF, my front is pretty even, but the rear passenger side sits a full inch and a half high than the opposite side. Do I need to replace the springs or both the springs and the shocks/struts...?

I want to lower it while i'm at it so i'm looking at lowering springs or a complete kit... but cheapest is always best, so if i dont need to get shocks/struts that would be awesome, any help would be great!

thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds like the springs. The shocks don't control ride height.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Spring controls height. Might want to replace that shock if the ride height difference was 1.5". Have any idea how long it has been like that? Might want to crawl underneath and give a look see.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its been like that since i bought the car, the ass end on the passenger side just looks ridiculous! I have no idea why... Maybe i'll just try springs, see what happens, if everything evens out, i'll get it aligned and forget about the rest.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Has it always been this way (have you owned the car the whole time)? Are all the shocks the same (was one side replaced and not the other)? Shocks designed for lowering springs are shorter and some even have adjustable spring perches (although this should be readily apparent). With that big of a discrepancy you have either damaged the low side or possible have a non matched set of springs (and/or shocks) installed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the low side is normal, the high side is way high, there is like a 4 inch gap between the tire and the fender, i'm the second owner, all the suspension is stock, i've looked at it before and inspected it... everything looks normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts