Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently driving a 2016 SE, and from my understanding, the parts from the 2016 RS (bumpers, spoilers, skirts, etc...) are able to fit onto the se easily. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Yes.

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
Yup they would if you really wanted to spend the money on them. FYI the front bumper cover is cheap but the accessories to make it complete are $$$.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I almost started another thread, but thought I'd add on this question here: In the MK3 focus line, there appears to be a forward and rear floor panel available from Ford for repair. What I'm curious about is if the MK3 RS has a different panel that makes extra room for the RDU? Just how different are these unibodies? It does look like Ford has added some braces and stiffeners here and there, but I have yet to prove that the unibody itself is different. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
I almost started another thread, but thought I'd add on this question here: In the MK3 focus line, there appears to be a forward and rear floor panel available from Ford for repair. What I'm curious about is if the MK3 RS has a different panel that makes extra room for the RDU? Just how different are these unibodies? It does look like Ford has added some braces and stiffeners here and there, but I have yet to prove that the unibody itself is different. Thanks in advance for any help.
Really the only body part is different is the spare tire well. The RS pretty much doesn't have one. That's about it.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Really the only body part is different is the spare tire well. The RS pretty much doesn't have one. That's about it.

Thanks for the reply! I hate to assume much of anything, so I'll ask: Does the tire well get into the area occupied by the RDU in the MK3 RS? I would think it would.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I hate to assume much of anything, so I'll ask: Does the tire well get into the area occupied by the RDU in the MK3 RS? I would think it would.
Yeah they needed the extra room for the rear diff. Everything body wise can swap over to a MKIII 3.5 hatch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts