Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
My first gen Focus taillights had already done that even before I tinted them. Tinting them certainly will not help matters though.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Uh I had the taillights on my 08 tinted for 8 months and they were pretty dark. I am in El Paso and it got up to like 115-ish here over the summer. No problems for me.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Maybe, I might have a ringer. When a barely modded Focus can beat 06+ Si's maybe......

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You're right, driver mod FTW!!

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
I know guys that have theirs tinted very very very dark in arizona and have had no issues over the last few years.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
My stockers are fine, but I picked up some spares from the junkyard to niteshade and they were already warped. The bulbs get hotter than you think. Especially if you hold the brake a lot.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Well Well, I step out for dinner and you all start going after each other!
So for the record;
If you have a 08-11 and you tint your taillights you run the risk of them warping and or melting. If you look at the placement of the bulb in the light assembly you will no doubt see that they are fairly close to the lenses, which when combined with a tint film will trap excess heat in the assembly, if you live in the uber hot desert SW and drive all day long (8-10hr), 5 days a week with your lights on then
Your lights will melt from the extreme heat.
My lights were partially tinted with an aftermarket film that may have exaggerated the process.
Thanks everyone, This is more of a caution message, if you mod your stuff you may screw it up!

Bob

1 - 20 of 52 Posts