Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with more air coming in with my cai and more air leaving with my header and exhaust, would i need to add more fuel to the mixture? or are the stock settings ample for now? also, one of my friemds said that a shorty header doesn't do much of anything, even when coupled with a high flow cat? is this somewhat true? i know race headers are the best for maximum power, i need to stay legal.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
1. No, you don't have to add more fuel to the mixture at this point. 2. I have the shorty header, hi-flo cat, flex pipe combo and compared to stock, yes you can feel and hear a definite difference. Does it give you as much gains as a race header, no but if you need to stay legal then the shorty combo is a nice mod and you will see a difference. Throw in a TB and I believe you will be very satisfied.

My 2¢

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Another ption with the header is, if you do not mind switching when it is emissions time, is to get a race header, flex, and cat-back and every time you get the emissions checked, put the stock exhaust mani and cat back on. If you go this route, make sure to get the O2 cheater so you don't end up with a check engine light.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually, later on this year, i will have more than enough to build my bottom end and go turbo. i give myself about another 6 months. i'm satisfied with my current performance though. i may look into that tb though. what kind of gains do people usually see with the shorty/hfcat combo?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
shorty, cat, and catback you should get 10-12 whp and a little less in torque if im not mistaken.

nice on the turbo that sounds sweet. yous hould get a throttle body though its my favorite mod that ive done. just a thought though, u may not even want to replace the header and cat yet because when you go turbo your going to get a new manifold anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts