Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2002 SVT is done as far as suspension is concerned.
I got 57k on the clock now, and it is in desperate need of new shocks.
It already cost me a slightly bent rim on a average size pot hole :(
I have a few questions for you guys... I ran a couple searches but never found what I really need to know.
First question is should I go aftermarket or stock?

I want the same quality,hieght and comfort as stock (SVT), can that be found cheaper via aftermarket, or should I just order SVT stocks?

What about springs, do they ever need replacing?

Do I really need to buy the rear set as well? I never ride with people in the back, since I bought the car, it has had one or two occupants only.
(Don't even load up the trunk at all, and my car came without the stock sub and amp :p)

Since i'm going to be doing the maintenence, is there any other affordable components that should be exchanged in the process?

Should I get a 100$ aligment camber kit? Are they easy to install?

Last question would be does anyone here drive a SVT that has a 99% straight steering wheel with no pull or offset? Will the camber kit allow me to get close to the ideal 100% straight with no pull?
I know that there are many variables when it comes to this question, but I want to know if the camber kit is worth getting or not.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i thought the camber kits were only for when you drop you car by a good amount, and you can buy the whole svt suspension kit for like 250

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
the camber kits make it so you can adjust the camber... you don't NEED to drop it to buy them. there's also kits for the caster and toe, so you can have full control over how your wheels are aligned. i think it also make it easier to do a regular alignment, like at a shop.

and to your oriinal question, you should buy all 4 shocks. actually, you should jsut buy the whole kit like svtguy said.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
FRPP has just the svt dampers for sale now.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
yeah if you go aftermarket your looking at around $500+ for shocks and springs... if you like the way it rides now, just get the whole kit... sell the sway bars... and your good to go...

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Mismatched shocks would be quite unpleasent. The uneven dampening would have your car acting in strange and contradictory ways. You certainly don't want your front and back wheels fighting each other...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
b16sir1991 said:
FRPP has just the svt dampers for sale now.

Whats FRPP ?
And is this a good deal?

www.ebay.com
Item number

Shipping is 20 bucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts