Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey FF friends, I am thinking about getting the FSWERKS Cool Flo CAI paired with the stealth exhaust as the first mods to my car. I have read a lot of reviews that say the two are a perfect combo with a slight increase in performance and huge increase in sound, which is what I am looking for. I Just wanted to see who else had the combo and how they like it. Also, like I said, I am new to adding mods to my car but have been doing a lot of reading on here and am curious if I need to get my car tuned with those two upgrades to ensure my engine is running at its full potential. Let me know and thanks a lot in advance

James

·
Registered
151 Posts
A tune would definitely enhance your car driveability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have the "Snorkel Delete" w/ a drop-in AEM filter, and the 2.25" MagnaFlow cat-back; my car runs great!

So to answer your question, no, you don't need a tune. Would your car run better with a tune? More likely than not, it would; regardless of what mods you have.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I have the fswerks intake and stealth exhaust and for the money they are defintely great mods. i think the exhaust is the best on the market because it's 2.5 in and it's cheap and it's stainless steel and mandral bent. it's a good exhaust for sure. the fswerks intake might not be the best in terms of power but for the cost it's definitely the best in my opinion. and to answer your question, no you do not need a tune but yes a tune will make it way better.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
NEED a tune NO. That being said, a tune WILL help complete everything. It will help a bit with maximizing the performance and the drivabilty will be AMAZING.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I did an intake and exhaust. Then I ordered a tune. The car felt a bit quicker but was too loud for me as I drive a lot. I got the tune and put the stock exhaust back on but added a drop in AEM filter. With just a drop-in filter/snorkel delete and tune the car runs and drives just how I wanted with no extra noise. My 60-90 for passing is super quick and responsive. I just wish tom would tune my JEEP!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dropped a cheapo intake, did a snorkel delete, mustang TB, and added in an FSWerks race exhaust on my sedan. Got a tune from Tom and the car just feels even better than with the stock ECU. Well worth it and the tune support is lifetime IIRC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts