Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My battery has been dead two mornings in a row. Both AutoZone and Advanced Auto have checked the car and they both say the battery needs to be replaced. Can I just unhook the old battery and https://snaptube.cam/ 9apps put in a new one? I have heard that the whole car will have to be reprogrammed unless I provide a backup voltage via the cigarette lighter jack.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just replaced my battery and went through the course of multiple jumps and disconnects leading up to that.
All you have to do is reset your clock, and you'll lose Trip ODO and latest MPG settings. That's it. Don't worry about it.

Not to go off topic, but 4 Costcos in my area either didn't have 96R or don't carry it. Some car parts websites say a Group 35 size battery will work, but that is apparently only for "Optima" "red top" type batteries not a regular battery. 35 is too tall, won't work, hood won't close. I eventually got a 96R from Pep Boys, and it works and the price was right, but long story short I won't ever shop at Pep Boys again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts