Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all fine focus fanatics, I'm a recent addition to the focus owners elite and was hoping for a bit of advice.

I've recently ditched my 03 plate mondeo 1.8 lx and upgraded to a focus zetec 1.8 petrol. I have a 90 day warranty and want to get all possible issues sorted out before going solo.

My worry is that basically on idle, the car chugs. Only very slightly, but I notice it. I dont notice anything under load. Now, could this be because I'm used to a bigger heavier car and that the lighter car just gets affected more, or should I be expecting a near smooth experience? The car also doesn't pull away as smoothly as I'd expect, but this could be my driving,and that I'm not used to the additional power. Finally driving carefully around town, I'm only getting 28mpg, is this normal for this engine?

Apologies if this seems dumb, but having not driven that many different cars, I'm not sure what I should expect. There is 37k on the clock, and was last serviced in may, though not really been driven since.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

·
Banned
210 Posts
With 37k on the clock, there's not a whole lot that should be wrong.

It's normal for an engine to skip a beat a little every now and then at idle. The 1.8 zetec lump in the UK surprised me by how much it was lacking. Maybe you're talking about the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts