Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4 channel amp that id like to use to power 4 components...i want better sound than the factory can offer, and tweeters.

well my head unit has 2 pairs of RCA outs, one of which is switchable on/off, but also seems to have a lpf on it

so that leaves once rca out from the h/u but the amp has 2 pairs of RCA ins, (one RCA jack per channel, obviously)

so now im wondering of there is some kind of signal splitter or something that i can use to do this, or if i should buy some jacks and wire up something myself

·
Registered
259 Posts
your 2nd rca output shouldnt be selectable on/off, it should be selectable rear/sub. and you should have selectable crossover setting thats turned on if its only allowing low pass. but yes go to any audio store and pick up rca splitters. they cost between 5 and 20 bucks. you be looking for 2 splitters- 1male to 2female. if you run the splitters you will not have to option to fade and balance.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
what brand and model number head unit? he is correct about the rear/sub select channel. if its set to sub you should be able to turn it on and off (im guessing its a pioneer radio) and with it set to rear there should be a crossover setting you can adjust

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well when i said its selectable on and off i meant its real/sub (sorry)

the reason i said it was on/off is because when i had my sub hooked up, i would use a button on the front to turn the signal going out to it on and off

and being a wal-mart h/u it doesnt not have control for the crossovers...sadly

the head unit is like virtual-reality vcd400 or something like that
it actually has suprisingly good sound quality even with the factory speakers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts