Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to sell my 2010 SES Coupe 5-Speed because I'm getting out of the military and I wanna get rid of one of my car payments. I've listed on craigslist,FF and Facebook but in the event nobody buys can I take my car to the local ford dealer and get a cash offer? Do they do trade ins for lower value cars? I would trade my 2010 in for a older car if they gave me the difference in cash so I could pay off my loan.

My KBB is telling me 15,078 for "excellent" condition which I think my car is. It only has 7,900 miles and has been garage kept mostly and I clean the interior quite a bit. I'm currently advertising for 13,995 does this sound like a reasonable price to you?

last question I have a professionally installed after market sub installed, would that hurt or help my trade in value at a dealership?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
166 Posts
They might, but if they do it will be for less than a trade on a new car. Do you have a Carmax near you? They will buy a car outright from you for the same price they'll give you if you were trading it in. It probably won't be KBB for a trade but it might be worth it to get out of it. I think your price is reasonable though. My 2011 SES sedan w/ 27k on it was a little more than that, and it was already marked down before the dealer gave me a really good deal on my trade.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nearest carmax is roughly 3 hours away all interstate though. I haven't considered them but possibly would. I wish they would give a ROUGH idea of what will be offered on there site. I'm not gonna sell it for like 12k, I'd rather just keep it at that point.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
When Carmax gives you an offer, it is good for a week. So you could drive there, and get the quote anytime. Then you would have a week to arrange a ride home and then sell your car to them.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My buddy just returned his Volvo. I think he lost 5k in the deal

·
Registered
645 Posts
Dealers definitely will buy used cars from you. Sold my Dad's Corolla (years ago) to a Chevy dealer, after listing it different places and not getting any bites. Just make sure you get what you're looking for out of the deal. Carmax is a good option also, but there is no dickering with them...

·
Registered
16,177 Posts
The current selling price seems reasonable until one realizes that is what the PUBLIC would be expected to pay for it. No dealer will touch that as he has to make profit on top of the buying price. Here a dealer wouldn't give more than 12K on it if asking for cash. Even in excellent shape we're talking an 8 year old car, some things DO age to fail ahead of the mileage norm there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an experience of corollary, which I recently used on the royalcarrentals.pk site, buy the cars that you have selected from their online catalog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts