Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Wow.... Thats all I can say! Excellent write-up and that is DEFINITLY the best system I have seen. Your invaluable cali!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone linked this on another forum to point out the fiberglass idea. I noticed it was a Focus and thought I'd post it here.

I'd guess the volume to be around .8 to 1.2 cft ??

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks really nice. What's the false floor resting on? From what I can tell, it looks like it's just on the case and amps. You may want to attach some standoffs underneath for some more support. Additionally, you should really have the same airflow in and out, so swapping the 80mm fans for more 120mm fans might not be a bad idea. It'll also quiet it down a bit.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said, it's not mine. I'm just passing along the idea.
It's a good start for anyone to make adjustments from.

I would personally have the input and output fans on opposite sides of the floor. [;)]

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
this write up is an old write up, the dude that wrote it is named christ and lives in kentucky. to back up focusincali, he did not write this :p

(why does no one listen) :p

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It looks really clean. This reminds me of my box a little, with the mix of fiberglass and wood. He is definately right about using wood wherever you can, it is much cheaper and easier to work with (at least on the flat parts).

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
would you have to worry about the speakers canceling each other out like that? or are they far enough apart that it wouldn't be a problem

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know, that's a good question. I'm not really sure. I've heard both sides of the board.

The front door woofers face each other and have good midbass, so I'd say it's ok to a degree.

1) you can change the phase of one sub vs the other to see which way sounds best

2) ideally, you'd want to angle them towards the back to take away direct wave distortion from one another

that's my thought, but I've never really researched this issue

·
Registered
228 Posts
Unless the speakers/woofers are wired out of phase there will be no cancellation in the lower bass/midbass, as the frequency increases you might run into issues but it really depends on the car.

Years ago (like 20 years) we had a subwoofer setup for the rear deck that had 2 x 8" subs facing each other firing through the rear deck of the car. The woofers were less than 3"apart with zero cancellation. the Ford "Shaker" system in the Mustang has the woofers on either side of the trunk facing each other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts