Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing fog lights for my 2014 Ford Focus. I have the black and red connected to battery terminals, and fed white wire through firewall and was trying to determine how to connect it to instrument/light switch cluster, and in that process I may have shorted something because now when I insert the key, I am getting an "Engine Fault Service now" Error, along with "Steering assist fault - service required" and it won't start. Could it simply be a fuse, or have I done something to the PCM that will need to be reset/fixed at dealership?

Full disclosure; I had just completed installation and programming of a Fortin remote start kit which was working perfectly before I started messing around with the lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was a 5a fuse. Started checking any that involved ignition and was the 2nd one I checked. I know; quick effing with shituff I don't know about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can't disagree with your second comment at all. Learned it the hard way that whenever there's an issue, if you don't have substantial experience with repairs or replacements on vehicles, better take it to a mechanic than cry over a car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts