Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of my buddies swear by prepainted bodykits other friends say that after intallation painting is better. spit your opinions about either one or both so i can make up my mind.

·
Registered
875 Posts
As long as it's an easy color to match, I don't see why getting it prepainted would be a problem.

This is why I love black!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'd wait to get the bumper first and take it to a body shop so they can more accurately color match it to the car. Weathering can change the car's color, but they can match that. Safer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
That is the reason we don't paint our kits. We can easily color match to the factory paint codes in our paint shop here, but like FocusOnThis said, weathering can change this.

Also in reply to 02focuszx3, for our kits (don't know about other manufacturers) its a fairly easy install. Old bumper off, new bumper on. Everything is molded off of factory parts, so everythign fits and lines up perfectly. If you can take your bumper off, you can install one of our kits.

So back on topic, I recommend unpainted kits, then painting after install to color match. If you have seen a slightly weathered car with a new painted kit on it you would agree. Its so slight, but still so noticeable.

OT: FocusOnThis, would either of your civics happen to have a sticker on the back window that says "Focus On This" ??? I keep seeing one parked in front of my apt.

·
Registered
310 Posts
No, no stickers here... Where about in Long Beach are ya? Oh, well, I do have one sticker on the side of one of my cars (the white one) that says "M1 Autobody". Wierd!

·
Registered
310 Posts
What apartment complex do ya live in? Cause I do have a neighbor that drives a Black Focus and has some kindof sticker on the back...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts