Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

first time here. Ok, I just bought my Focus, it's a ZX5, 2002.

Question: How can I find the horse power of it? I have no idea.

Thanks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
all i can say is search the forums for anything and everything

quick answer....intake, exhaust, tune

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think he may be refering to the Horsepower of the engine from the factory.

If that's correct, I personally use Edmunds.com for my reference of quick factory specs (weight, leg/head room, fuel tank capacity, engine output). It's easy to get in and out of.

The quick answer is 130HP if you have the zetec, which you must, since its not an SVT, its before the PZEV, and the SPI only came in sedans (correct?)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I assume you are looking for the rated horsepower, and not the actual horsepower of your particular individual engine? I believe the sales literature gave the rated horsepower, and a google search should bring up magazine or net reviews that would quote the rated HP and other specs. e.g., Edmunds, Car and Driver, Consurmers Reports, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, you are really "fanatics!" [:D]
I got fast answers!

Sorry if I was not clear. I was refering to the hp from factory. I have this question, because when I was searching for the car, I found at cars.com that there are 3 focus models, all of them with a 2.0l engine and from ~ 110 to 150 or 170 hp, I don't remember. I don't have the manual. [:(]

And yes, my engine is a ZETEC.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, my question is answered!

So, what do you say about these chips? I'm considering to buy one some day.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The chips can help, the programmers are better ( same idea, just one is more adaptable.. I would do the bolt-ons first if you plan on it, you will see more reward there, and then do a tune when all the other stuff is finished ( unless its an automatic, then do a flash as it really helps the shift points )

Welcome to the forum !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts