Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad disconnected the AC on our Volvo 740 Turbo and said it gave it more power. Just wondering if that would hold true to the PZEV. And as far as warrenty goes...?

·
Registered
510 Posts
It should give a slight increase. Just unplug it at the compressor, or remove the fuse. You should also beable to buy a non A/C serp belt and use that to eliminate the compressor. It won't do anything to the warrenty.

·
Registered
161 Posts
uhm .... as long as the AC isnt turned on it is not affecting your performance.. as for the volvo 740's are lil old now maybe the comp was a lil crapped up and not spinning soo free.. removing the AC will probly b somthing you regret this summer... personaly i think you wont feel a diff .. unless you have it turned on that is

·
Registered
386 Posts
I believe heater won't affect your horsepower beause it is running off a fan that is used to cool your engine. The heater is actually another iten used to cool your engine for running. That is why when you engine overheats, the instruction manual to most vehicals as you to blast the heater because it will help cool down the engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
turbo989 said:
I believe heater won't affect your horsepower beause it is running off a fan that is used to cool your engine. The heater is actually another iten used to cool your engine for running. That is why when you engine overheats, the instruction manual to most vehicals as you to blast the heater because it will help cool down the engine.
interesting...

·
Registered
150 Posts
turbo989 said:
He is exactly correct.

Turning the heaters on will releive your engine. When you turn your heat on, a valve will open up letting coolant circulating through your block and radiator travel through the heater core and the fans are turned on which will radiate through the core and lower your coolant temps. I wouldn't say it COOLS the engine, more so it releives the engine of heat.

Many times at the track you will see guys in line, with their heaters on blast, and puching their car. It will also reduce weight in the car, which would be better for a mor even weight distribution from front to rear, but I don't know side to side, you'd have to find that info schomwheres.

·
Registered
344 Posts
SWYZ721 said:

Many times at the track you will see guys in line, with their heaters on blast, and puching their car. It will also reduce weight in the car, which would be better for a mor even weight distribution from front to rear, but I don't know side to side, you'd have to find that info schomwheres.

puching? puching ...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts