Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2012 focus almost a year ago. My power steering is completely out and the warranty ended just before it happened. As a kid my parents had 2 Fords. After the second one they vowed they would never buy another Ford again. I continuously heard good things about the focus so decided to purchase one. I now see why my parents feel the way they do. My 2002 Mitsubishi with almost triple the amount of miles on it drives a lot better.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'm sorry but I fail to see the point of this thread. Just because the power steering failed on a pre owned car and you seem to think no other car will have any issues when the warranty runs out doesn't mean every car in that brand is flowed. Get the thing fixed and if you don't like the car, sell it and live happily ever after.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ah, I love the logic of these threads.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Isn't that the case for everything?

I mean, you buy a new TV with a 3 year warranty. So, of course, 3 years and 1 day later, some electronic component blows up and you've got to spend some $300 for the part. Shit happens...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If it's really close to the end of the Warranty you should always contact the mfr. looking for some assistance - never hurts & be happy if it's partial.

Works best for original owners of course.

More reading here would confirm that, MkIII problems section for a start.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm gonna guess this is your first car. All cars will have issues at one point or another. It's not like this is a common issue on the Mk3, so I don't understand your complaint about this being a Ford problem and that you should never trust them ever again. If you were complaining about the DCT transmission thought I might understand that, however they've even extended the warranty on that due to all the issues.

I've had both Hondas and Fords. Did the Hondas have issues? Yes. Did the Fords have issues? Yes. "WHAT?!" you say? Yes that's right, both imports and domestics both have their issues. Ta-da

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Bet the fuse for the steering hasn't been checked yet....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Because when I think reliability, I think Mitsubishi.....

·
Registered
278 Posts
this is like someone going to a restaurant and getting food poisoning, and deducing that all vegetables make you sick and swearing off vegetables.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I bought a 2012 focus almost a year ago. My power steering is completely out and the warranty ended just before it happened. As a kid my parents had 2 Fords. After the second one they vowed they would never buy another Ford again. I continuously heard good things about the focus so decided to purchase one. I now see why my parents feel the way they do. My 2002 Mitsubishi with almost triple the amount of miles on it drives a lot better.
Hi Benson9,

Have you been to your dealer to have this looked into since your post? Please keep me in the loop on this.

Meagan

·
Registered
359 Posts
Pretty confident this guy was just trolling, and won't be back

1 - 13 of 13 Posts