Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to prevent the check engine light from illuminating if ABS is disabled?

Or would one have to switch to a non - abs ECU?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hah but I still wait with joy for when it will illuminate.

So just replace the ECU with a non abs one, then I can remove the module and I should be good?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No issue. GF just hates abs, she had a focus before and it didn't have it.

Although I'll admit the response feels ALOT better with new pads and rotors up front.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ahhh, so you are wanting to remove a perfectly working abs from the car. I'm not sure how you would go about doing that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it necessary to pull the two fuses in the power distribution box (under hood) or just the 7.5a fuse in the kick panel? Only have read mention of the kick panel.

I pulled all three and the ABS light and E-Brake lights are on. I expected the ABS and then CEL to come on shortly but was not aware the E-Brake light would be on, any insight on that one?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Thinking CEL does not care about things happening with the ABS. Why the separate light exists.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
'I pulled all three and the ABS light and E-Brake lights are on.'

You should probably be telling US why...............

·
Registered
321 Posts
I assume by e-brake, you mean what we call park brake or hand brake over here. On most cars, the e-brake switch and the brake fluid low level switch use the same circuit and dash warning light.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I'm not completely sure why you would want to disable the abs. It's a crucial safety feature and is there for a reason...

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Drive same car with and without and you may rethink that, I know I sure did not like how far my Contour took to stop with it working. The car felt like it would not stop. With it disabled I was finally able to lock the brakes up and much better. I have no fear of losing control in a slide as I can drive out of one. It was bad enough I made sure my two Focus did not have it.

LOTS of police officers feel the same way, they literally hate ABS in many cases. Enough that it commonly gets disabled on the cars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts