Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I disable just the LEDs in these headlights? I think the LED's make the headlights look cheesy and they're going to burn out anyway. Has anyone done this? I have 1 set of power and ground wires that look like they power both the halo's and the LEDs.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WuNgUn, I'll have to take a look for those wires you were talking about.

Honhon, the Halo's are wired in series with the LEDs, there is one pos and one neg wire for the wiring harness coming out of the headlight. Using that wiring, it's all or nothing.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
oh... well when i installed a set on my car tempoarily... i dont like halos or LED's so i left the harness out of the equation.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah the LED's and halo's are seperate, all u do is just take out the LED's or just dont connect them to anything....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i just snipped the wire leading to those...i agree, it does look cheesy and on of mine burnt out

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to take a look at the headlights when I get outta work. I can see power wires through the clear portion at the top of the headlight that look like they go to the LEDs, I'm gonna remove the projector housing and see if I can get to them.

The LED's and halo's are def. not wired separately, maybe on the 000-04 they are, but not on the 05-07 lights.

Did anyone get light bleed-through on the outer edges of the headlights on their 05-07? I can see light bleeding through the projector housing and it makes a vertical line on the outer edges of the headlight near the fender.

My right side marker light went out last night, looks like I'm gonna be spending some time working on the lighting!

·
Registered
22 Posts
... or you could just give them a couple of days. They'll burn out in about a week.

;-)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The LED's and halo's are def. not wired separately, maybe on the 000-04 they are, but not on the 05-07 lights.
Oh ur right i'm talking about the 00-04 lights, i didnt see the thread title. Well good luck[thumb]

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so I figured it out. I took both caps off the headlights and was able to reach in and pull out both LEDs. I also removed the pins on the connector for them. The Green/Black wires are only for the Halo's and the Red/Black wires are only for the LEDs. I'd be willing to do a write-up on this. Was really easy once I figured it out, a friend and I did this in a few minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts