Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally decided to disable my day time running light system. Anyone know how to do it? Is it as simple as unplugging a module somewhere?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done it to all my other vehicles. I like driving around in the day time with my parking lights on, but not my actually headlights. I also find it helps to preserve the headlight bulbs I have by not using them as much, unless my lights are all the way on.

Personal preference...

·
Registered
179 Posts
well i know my car none of the lights come one unless i turn them on. i can turn my fogs, running lights, separately without headlights or all on! so if you want to run your running lights on without your headlights just do the first click on the switch! fist click running lights, second click running lights and headlights, pull out for fog lights!

·
Registered
238 Posts
My 2005 Focus was misbuilt and came with DRL's. According to the window sticker it shouldn't have had them. It took awhile to track it down, but we finally found the relay under the hood and pulled it. Just threw it in the glovebox in case some future owner wants them. If I get a chance I will look and see which one it was and post it. To me personally, there is a huge "dork factor" to DRL's. I equate it to driving around in your car while wearing a bicycle helmet. My wife thinks I'm nuts...lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you think the bicycle helmet is bad, then you'll really laugh when I tell you daytime running lights are a law in Canada, and most vehicles from the mid 90's to present are required to have them. That's why I don't get the luxury of one click of the headlight switch. The drl's are always on… and why I need to disable the drl module

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you think the bicycle helmet is bad, then you'll really laugh when I tell you daytime running lights are a law in Canada, and most vehicles from the mid 90's to present are required to have them. That's why I don't get the luxury of one click of the headlight switch. The drl's are always on… and why I need to disable the drl module
ohhhhhhhhhhh ok lol my bad don't know my Canadian cars! ya that would suck if they were on all the time!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I have to ask a noob like question. Since I don't know the wiring schematic, and have removed the R12 relay, why won't my fog lights come on during "one click" only of the head light switch? The only way the fog lights come on is on click 2.

Here is the kicker, during park lights only (1 click), the fog light icon lights up, but no fog's. To add to it, this is while the engine is running and parking brake off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I've got myself a weird problem now. My alarm has always been hyper active, but now when I set my alarm, the park lights and dash board stay lit even though the switch is turned off. To make it worse, I have to set, deactivate the alarm in a combo with opening the doors to get the lights to turn off.

I think I'm gonna end up putting the relay back in

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread..
So I pulled R12, DRL is still active when parking brake is off and ignition is on.
Pull F22 and the DRL's stay off...but so do the low beams...

Any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts