Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the US and for some reason my former rental came with DRL's, maybe so they could rent in Canada? Anyway, I'm putting in some decent bulbs soon and I don't want them to burn out as fast... I absolutely use the auto lights feature (I think everyone should) but I noticed that the DRL's are more dim than when the "full" lights kick in too so I wonder how that works... A quick google search shows on the 2012 Fiesta you just pull fuse #23 but in the Focus is it in the ECM or just a fuse?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'm in the US and for some reason my former rental came with DRL's, maybe so they could rent in Canada? Anyway, I'm putting in some decent bulbs soon and I don't want them to burn out as fast... I absolutely use the auto lights feature (I think everyone should) but I noticed that the DRL's are more dim than when the "full" lights kick in too so I wonder how that works... A quick google search shows on the 2012 Fiesta you just pull fuse #23 but in the Focus is it in the ECM or just a fuse?

Thanks in advance for any tips!
All fleet cars in the US have DRL's enabled. They are controlled by the BCM. You can disable them using Focccus.

See here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402666

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I just stumbled upon another thread discussing this and was trying to figure out how to delete this thread, actually... Anyway, I've heard about the Focccus before, I'll have to look into it... BUT I also just read the DRL's are run off the high beams at 50% power so no wear and tear on my new low beam bulbs!

Edit: oops. that last statement is false, I'm going to try to disable my DRL's...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts