Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to disable belt minder...I have gone through the process that Google searches provide...buckle three times, turn on lights and so on. It isn't working. Does anyone know how to do this on the 2012 Focus?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
You can disable it by fastening your safety belt.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1 I was about to say the same thing.
Well no kidding, however there are certain circumstances where fastening and unfastening repeatedly becomes a nuisance. I am an adult and I can determine when I need to wear it and then I am going 15mph for two hours and getting in and out all the time and would rather not wear it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm trying to disable belt minder...I have gone through the process that Google searches provide...buckle three times, turn on lights and so on. It isn't working. Does anyone know how to do this on the 2012 Focus?
Not 100% sure why you would want to do this.... [poke]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks for answering his question - ... everyone is a critic. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
At my job I drive around a LARGE manufacturing plant at single digit speeds and have to get in and out frequently. That's why.
Oh - I thought you were just stubborn. sorry for being an [:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
198 Posts
This will have to be a mechanical fix, and cannot be done through software as seat belts are mandated by law.

I have not done this in a while but the absolute easiest way to defeat the reminder is to go to the auto wrecker and get an identical male end of the belt and cut off the fabric leaving you with just the buckle and insert the buckle into the female receiver of the drivers belt.

You could also drag over the passenger belt and twist the belt head around to defeat the drivers belt sensor. I would not recommend this as it will distort the passenger belt.

Other then that, the female part of the buckle will have a sensor that is normally open or closed. when the seat sensor registers your weight. By either jumping or disconnecting one of the two wires will disable the sensor into thinking that the belt is always connected.

Personally being that the belt is one of these federally mandated items (similar to labels on pillows and mattresses) I would not alter the wiring and go with the extra buckle connector to fool the belt into thinking it is attached.

The difference between the two is that anyone else getting into your car and wanting to use the belt will see the extra piece in place and remove it and then attach the belt as normal, by altering the wiring if the reminder is not on and they get in an accident without wearing the belt you are liable as they can claim the reminder was altered and because of this alteration they forgot to put the belt on.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I forget, but it's somewhere. I still can't believe you can disable the belt minder but you can't disable the door ajar chime ... soooo annoying

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't get why people seem to want play life-nanny... Although I regularly wear my belt, I don't like having an annoying bell go off if I CHOOSE to go without from time to time. Your question was valid and I'm glad someone gave you the right answer. One of the first things I do with a new car is turn that nanny-state crap off.

Now if we can just figure out a way to get the Aux video input to work all the time, I'd be one happy camper....

Sarg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts