Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my neighbor wasn't happy that for the past 2 weeks I didn't wash my car.
He said it doesn't look good among other cars on the street.
I said "maybe you're right, but that's my car and I'm gonna wash it whenever I want."
Today I did go to the car wash and spent....$8 to wash it :(
Usually it takes around $2 ( rinse, wash with soap, wax and rinse again - yes, I'm fast :D )

Small tip before you use the brush on a hand operated car wash. Flush it with pressure gun for about 20-30 seconds before use. There might be a lot of sand and rocks in those brushes. To hold it in place use those clips/holders on the wall.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
It actually looks good muddy I'm glad you put those mud flaps to work. I can't believe someone would tell you to wash your car. What if you went mudding in a 4x4? I do like the angry subie pig on the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Funny, i was having a 'discussion' in another post about how most suburban car owners' have a 'requirement' to wash thier cars.. Where city dwellers do not.
The friendly neighbor youu have seems to fill the bill on the requirement part.
Funny how they think YOUR car reflects on them...
[rofl]

Where i live no one would care if i was driving a car covered in Sh..! (unless it really stunk up the garage...)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Umm. I guess technically it is... I'd rather refer to it as sandpaper on a stick.
that's why I clean it before use. Maybe it's not effective but I buff and wax my car from time to time anyway so it doesn't bother me that much at all ;).

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
that's why I clean it before use. Maybe it's not effective but I buff and wax my car from time to time anyway so it doesn't bother me that much at all ;).
Thats great that you clean it first BUT the brush itself isn't safe for paint.

I too buff, seal, and wax my car often, but I like to mitigate my damages in between to minimize the amount of abrasives I need to use to remove the marring to maximize my clearcoat thickness through my cars lifecycle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow ! What an OINKER !!! You had the cajones to be seen driving such a beautiful Focus looking like that !! You should be ashamed !!! Get out there and beg your car for forgiveness !! Kiss its' tires !!! That Focus is giving its' all to you and you treat it like that !!! HA !!! Be ashamed.... be very ashamed !!!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
My car looks like that 75% of the time. Foci look good dirty, it means someone actually uses them and doesn't just hide them away in a garage somewhere.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Used the brush.... eek....

Two things i will never do to my car: Run it through an automatic car wash, and never use the brush to scrub my car at a coin-op. The only time i ever use a coin op is in the winter to knock all the big stuff and snow/slush off before i go home and do an ONR wash.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would have left the dirty car parked right in front of his house lol

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Looks good man lol. Hey on that brush deal I worked at ford and when u got that car wash with that oil change u bought guess what brush! I think its better than the automatic car washes lol. Just rinse it and rub ur hands through it I check mine before I use it. No scratches here and I have a black car shows everything

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good man lol. Hey on that brush deal I worked at ford and when u got that car wash with that oil change u bought guess what brush! I think its better than the automatic car washes lol. Just rinse it and rub ur hands through it I check mine before I use it. No scratches here and I have a black car shows everything
Exactly my point. Rinse and rub works fine with me. Unless someone is very anal about washing their cars then... Use your sponge and two buckets :p

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Meh.. I use the brush as well. I also clean it out first. But then again, a million fine scratches that you only see in certain lighting conditions don't bother me too much. But it's all based on preference.

And damn your Foci looks gorgeous muddy. I can never get mine to look like that. Anytime there's mud around here, it's that horrible rock filled type mud. And I don't like rock chips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts