Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at the end of a ~1/4 mile dirt/gravel road. The road is more dirt than gravel these days and it's been wet recently. Adding insult to injury, most of the road is shaded so it stays wet and sloppy longer than one would expect. Because of this, I am getting dirt slung off my tires and into my engine compartment from a little gap where the inner fender meets the strut tower (pic below). It doesn't look like much dirt but it's stuck on the hood, collected on any flat surface near by and is just generally pissing me off. Its the same on both sides, except the driver's side has a wiring ground getting blasted with water and dirt.

My question is: am I missing any trim that would normally close off this area from flying debris? I felt around inside the strut tower and it's all just steel (no dangling plastic, broken pieces etc). Probably going to RTV a piece of sheet metal on the strut side one day but wanted to see if this normal Focus stuff or if I'm missing something that normally protects this, and possibly other, areas of the car?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
no your not missing anything but if it bothers you that bad, which that is absolutely nothing wash it every other week.

God made dirt and dirt dont hurt.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Nuttin a 'lil JB Weld couldn't fix.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents, at least I know to just fix it and not wait to find what I'm looking for in a JY since it doesn't exist.

qweesy: I don't even wash the car that often lol.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I ended up doing. Pops had a tan tube of some type of caulk laying around after some project; thought it would blend in with the paint color but it's much lighter. I don't really care though because it's kerping out the dirt and blends in well enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts