Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one ever made there own DIN radio removal tools. The local parts store here is out they can order a set in but I only have today off. I want to swap out the HVAC controls. I thought about using a sturdy hanger and cut to length and bend as needed. Do you think it would work?

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
yeah that should work, you wound have the ability to pull the radio our with the coat hanger because it won't lock in, but it will undo the clip to allow you to pull it out. to push the radio out open the glove box, push the sides of the box inward to get it past the stops, and then you will be able to reach the radio from behind to push it out.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that should work, you wound have the ability to pull the radio our with the coat hanger because it won't lock in, but it will undo the clip to allow you to pull it out. to push the radio out open the glove box, push the sides of the box inward to get it past the stops, and then you will be able to reach the radio from behind to push it out.
Ok thanks, i'll half to get some pics.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i used 4 skinny nails. worked fine for me.
I actually went to another auto parts store and they had them. So I bought'em insted. I might try the hangers too just so I can see how it works out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey there, on this issue of DIN removal, I am having a huge amt of trouble getting the stock radio out with my coathanger tools. Am searching for a better solution, and maybe my technique is lacking. With coathanger or nails, do you have to "pursuade' the radio to come out from behind by reaching thru the glovebox? And do you need to push outwards or inwards on the nails at the same time?

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes you half to push from behind and you push out ward with the hanger or nails so the inside is pushing on the radio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts