Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this problem happening lately, figured I'd see if anyone else has the same issue...

When driving out of boost, my gauge cluster and interior lights are fine. If I get on it a little, or even half throttle, they tend to go dim for a bit, then back to normal. Usually within 5 seconds. Happens in neutral also, if I rev it enough to close the bypass valve.

Anyone have any thoughts or know why this is happening?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Im going to go out on a limb and say your fans are kicking on. Mine does it all the time as my fans are programmed to kick on earlier. That causes a sudden draw that the car has to play catch up to. Im sure thats what it is and wouldnt sweat it if the battery light isnt coming on. Sit at idle with the hood up and see if you can hear the fans and watch for the lights to dim. I notice mostly with my headlights dimming..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
not only that, but when you give it WOT, the computer cuts back on the alternator field current so there's less parasitic loss from the alternator

·
Registered
136 Posts
my headlights and gauges dim too its the alternator. it only in higher rpms and higher boost. not at idle. It's normal.

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
Make a grouding kit for your car. That should help a little on the dimming. Go get some 4 gauge sound system wiring, and gold plated ends. Look up how to install and wht the contact points are.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Im not even boosted and I have the dimming light thing. Hell sometimes my dash cluster and radio lights blink completly off too.. Since early 2004. Goodluck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts