Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've been looking for a replacement HU for my '97 Mazda. An original Mazda HU is not an option because they're crap and overpriced. As I'm not into flashy stuff with lotsa blinking lights I noticed the Ford 6000 and 6006 series look kinda discrete, and they tend to pop up on Ebay quite regularly.

Just wanted to know if I can fit one of those in my double DIN slot. I don't mind about rewiring stuff and taking the dash apart to fit it. The only thing I worry about are the dimensions of the outer plastic frame, you know, the part with the buttons and display. That would be a bit larger than the standard 2DIN. Does anyone have the exact dimensions of the front plate of a 6000/6006 (height - width)?

Thanks and happy holidays!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Here is the approximate dimensions of the Focus opening as measured with the HU still in.
I noticed you are from Belgium so I'll use metric for you.[:D]
100mm x 188mm

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
aftermarket head unit installation kits are made for both ford focus and mazda cars so i'd assume that they'd be the same dimensions, but i think the connectors are slightly different. if you go to partsexpress.com you can get adapters to plug into the focus radio. specifically i think it is http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=15520651&St=2600&St2=76656221&St3=79434715&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=6564&DID=7 . you just have to splice into a few wires and hook that connector in and plug it into the hu. good luck.

- Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the connectors are different. I do have a Mazda to ISO adapter in the car now, so all i need to do is purchase an ISO to Ford adapter. (or a Mazda to Ford adapter, I've seen a few of those out there....)

That adapter you're pointing out would also work, off course...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts